Find a Congregation
Want to find a congregation near you? Use our congregation finder to locate the nearest place of worship. Choose from the pull-down-menu below or view the map.
Para ver este sitio en español, haga clic AQUÍ
Crossroads: Securing the Path to Tomorrow
The diocese is in the midst of an exciting opportunity that is critical for the development of needed leadership for the 21st century -- Crossroads: Securing the Path to Tomorrow.
This effort seeks to create an endowment for the Kansas School for Ministry (learn MORE), construct a new Leadership Center to house the School and the diocesan offices, and provide 10 percent of the amount raised for outreach and mission at home and abroad.
Here is a video that tells you more:
Here is a brochure that describes what Crossroads is all about.
Here is a brochure that was sent out last year to all members of the diocese, with a message from Bishop Dean Wolfe.
Here you can read Bishop Dean Wolfe's pastoral letter to the diocese about the importance of Crossroads. >>MORE
The case for support
The diocese stands at a crossroads. To equip leaders for the church of the 21st century not only requires innovative programs but a way, and a place, to deliver them. A new building dedicated to education and leadership will help KSM offer that innovative approach to educating clergy.
More than that, it will be a center of diocesan learning and leadership, where lay people from congregations of every size will come to learn, to train, to connect and to prepare themselves for the challenges of leading parishes in the Episcopal Diocese of Kansas.
To accomplish these goals, we need a Leadership Center here in Kansas to provide high quality education and training for the church.
The Kansas School for Ministry already has laid the foundation for this vision, but it needs to expand its classes and the number of students it serves. This new Center will include state-of-the-art technology to connect students to outstanding teachers across the country—and all with a cost and schedule affordable to many.
This Center also will provide the most valuable tool necessary for leadership formation—development of a community of learners and teachers where face-to-face conversation and worship enhances the studies already taking place.
The campaign goal is to raise $6 million.
The vision of the Crossroads Campaign is three-fold:
1. Endow the Kansas School for Ministry
• Local education not only is cost-effective but lets people with jobs and families study for ordination without turning their lives, and those of their families, upside down
• Lay leadership springs from the baptismal ministry of all church members. That means lay people need the same level of high-quality education and training available to clergy. An expanded Kansas School for Ministry will gather people from parishes large and small to learn ministry skills and then return to their churches
2. Build a Leadership Center facility
• A state-of-the-art, eco-friendly, fully accessible facility that will include classrooms, a conference room and a chapel. This allows diocesan ministry teams, as well as parish teams, to have a central place to meet and learn.
• Technological and communication capabilities that can bring educational resources to KSM students and other groups using the Center.
• Provide modern diocesan offices that can meet the ministry needs of the diocese.
3. Outreach and Mission
• To demonstrate our Christian stewardship principles, 10 percent of the funds raised for our needs will be shared with others, at home and abroad.
What can I do?
The vision of the Episcopal Diocese of Kansas is God-sized. So is the investment. But so are the blessings, not only for the Kingdom of God but also for generations of Kansans still to come. While everyone cannot give at the same level, everyone can do something. Won’t you join us by investing in our shared vision?
• Pray for God’s direction.
• Pray for the bishop, the diocesan leadership, our clergy and all servant leaders.
• Pray for the success of this vision.
• Involve your entire family.
• Begin to think about your own financial commitment.
We invite you to prayerfully consider, “Lord, what would you have me do in response to this vision for the Episcopal Diocese of Kansas?”
We stand at a crossroads. God only asks each person to be faithful to the guidance of the Holy Sprit, and together, with God’s help, we will secure the path to tomorrow.
The diocese currently has commitments of approximately $3.4 million for this effort -- the most raised by a diocesan capital campaign in its 150-year history. There are a few parishes that were unable to conduct their parish campaign in 2011 and are scheduling a campaign later this year. In addition, the campaign committee is having ongoing conversations with donors who have the capacity to make major gifts to the campaign.
In 2012, the bishop and the Council of Trustees will determine a plan for implementing the Crossroads vision with the committed pledges in hand and the prospects for additional funding from current donors, new donors and potential grant sources.
For more information
Contact campaign chair Larry Bingham Larry Bingham by email for more information about the Crossroads campaign.