Find a Congregation
Want to find a congregation near you? Use our congregation finder to locate the nearest place of worship. Choose from the pull-down-menu below or view the map.
Para ver este sitio en español, haga clic AQUÍ
Development and Stewardship
Development and Stewardship
Do you need help with aspects of your church's financial life?
If so, the Episcopal Church Foundation can help. They offer expertise and advice in a number of areas:
- Annual giving and development >>MORE
- Capital campaigns >>MORE
- Planned giving >>MORE
- Endowment management >>MORE
They also offer free webinars and workshops on a variety of topics helpful to parishes, both in financial matters and other areas. More information is >>HERE.
The diocesan Development and Stewardship Committee has a variety of stewardship resources available to congregations. They include:
Annual giving programs
- Casting Into Deep Waters. Click here for the entire program. Click here for a sample pledge card.
- Go Forth! Click here for the entire program. Click here for a sample pledge card.
- Be Not Afraid
- Annual giving resources for use in parishes. A variety of letters are available by clicking here, here and here. Click here for a time pledge card. Click here for a time-and-talent pledge card.
- Consultation to help parishes create their own annual giving program
Planned giving programs
- Educate 2 Motivate
- Consultation on setting up a parish planned giving program and approaching potential donors
- Full range of life income gift illustrations: Charitable Remainder Trust, Charitable Gift Annuities, etc.
- Consultation on parish gift acceptance policies and parish endowment programs
- A list of 150 acts of stewardship. Click here to see it.
- "Rule of Life" resource. Click here to see it.
- Asset mapping workshop
- Three-part vision workshop
- Year-round stewardship ideas
- Speakers for a wide range of stewardship needs
- Living Wi$ely, a personal financial management program geared to help manage personal debt
- Membership in The Episcopal Network for Stewardship (TENS)
Taking the lead on environmental stewardship issues in the diocese is the Trinity Environmental Stewardship Team (TEST) from Trinity, Lawrence. Members are available to consult with parishes wanting to start their own environmental stewardship team. They can provide face-to-face meetings with parish representatives. Email.
Here are some important resources:
Interfaith Power and Light provides energy-efficiency information for congregations, sample sermons, and more. >>MORE
Kansas Interfaith Power and Light, the Kansas chapter of IPL, provides resources, including a do-it-yourself energy audit guide for congregations. >>MORE
A Pastoral Teaching on the environment from the House of Bishops of The Episcopal Church, issued Sept. 20, 2011, at their meeting in Quito, Ecuador >>MORE
Greenfaith partners with The Episcopal Church and provides a variety of resources, including a green parish certification program, a youth curriculum (“Let There Be…Stuff?") and free suggestions for starting green teams. >>MORE
The Episcopal Ecological Network provides inspirational, educational and action resources geared specifically to Episcopalians, as well as contact information for various dioceses for networking. >>MORE
Sustainable Sanctuary Coalition is an umbrella interfaith networking organization active in the Kansas City/Northwest Missouri region, with an inspiring “Awakening the Dreamer” symposium and many other materials. >>MORE
EcoJustice Ministries is another nondenominational site with plenty of resources. >>MORE
Web of Creation is a Lutheran-based site with a wealth of materials for parish education and green teams. >>MORE
Kansas Recycles offers information on where to recycle items anywhere in Kansas. >>MORE