Find a Congregation
Want to find a congregation near you? Use our congregation finder to locate the nearest place of worship. Choose from the pull-down-menu below or view the map.
Para ver este sitio en español, haga clic AQUÍ
Commission on Ministry
The Commission on Ministry is a body required by the canons of the Episcopal Church for every diocese, and it is charged with assisting the diocesan bishop in three specific ways:
- in the implementation of Title III, the general canons dealing with ministry,
- in the determination of present and future opportunities and needs for the ministry of all baptized persons, and
- in the design and oversight of the ongoing process for recruitment, discernment, formation for ministry, and assessment of readiness therefor. (Canon III.2, Sec. 2)
Information on the process toward ordination
Discernment of a call to ordained ministry begins at the local level under the supervision of a parish priest.
After that, a number of steps are involved to explore the call further, and the Commission on Ministry has created a process to assist with that. >>MORE
Ordination process handbook
Information on materials that need to be submitted for each step is in the ordination process handbook >>HERE.
Members of the Commission on Ministry for the Episcopal Diocese of Kansas, with their parishes and the year their term of office ends, are:
- The Very Rev. Steve Lipscomb, Grace Cathedral, Topeka (2015), chair. Email
- Jeanine Blessant, St. Peter's, Pittsburg (2015). Email
- Dr. Preston Gilson, Trinity, El Dorado (2015). Email
- The Rev. Antoinette Tackkett, St. Paul's, Coffeyville (2015). Email
- The Rev. Andrew O’Connor, Good Shepherd, Wichita (2016). Email
- Deacon Peg Flynn, St. James', Wichita (2017) Email
- Deacon Sandy Horton-Smith, St. Paul's, Manhattan (2017) Email
- Mr. Kirk Isenhour, St. Michael and All Angels, Mission (2017) Email
- The Rev. Steven King, St. Thomas the Apostle, Overland Park (2017) Email
The Commission on Ministry administrator is Michele Moss of the diocesan staff. She is the person to whom forms need to be addressed.
She can be reached by email, phone (800) 473-3563 or (785) 235-9255, or mail, 835 SW Polk St., Topeka, KS 66612-1688.